|CAREERS IN LEASING|
We are seeking a candidate with underwriting experience in an asset finance lending environment to join a client as a Senior Underwriter. If you are analytical, have strong interpersonal skills and are committed to setting and promoting high standards of customer service, then we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Senior Credit Manager, you will support underwriting process to ensure the integrity and quality of new business proposals and the company portfolio.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
• Obtaining the information required to complete an underwriting proposal which will include dealing with the asset department, sales team and occasionally direct communication face to face or by telephone with brokers or prospective customers
• Make valid commercial judgements in relation to risks arising from a new business proposal
• Presenting underwriting proposals to other underwriters or to credit committee
• Completion of Annual Credit Reviews on existing high balance exposures
• Knowledge of Data Protection, Anti Money Laundering, Consumer Credit Act, Companies Acts and related legislation
• Proven ability to interpret financial statements and produce a clear written analysis including understanding a customer’s cash flow
• Excellent analytical and numeracy skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritise workloads and be self-motivated
• Flexible approach to work and willingness to support colleagues
• Commitment to set and promote high standards of customer service
Your Qualifications and Experience
An ‘A’ level (or equivalent) in either English or Mathematics is required. Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a business discipline desirable.
At least five years’ experience of underwriting transactions in a vendor or direct asset finance lending environment and having held a personal lending mandate. Experience of discussing accounting information on a face to face basis with customers to obtain additional information and experience of deal structuring and strengthening proposals also required.
If interested in this role, please contact Julie 01279713900