|CAREERS IN LEASING|
City – London
Up to £65k depending on experience + Benefits
As an experienced Portfolio Relationship Manager, you will be reporting to the Head of Sales Support.
This is a great opportunity, for someone with the relevant experience within the Asset Finance industry, within a Portfolio Manager/Asset Manager role.
This is the Equipment Leasing company, which holds an Asset Portfolio of > EUR 4.1 billion, which is expected to grow strongly. The vision of my client is to be the leading provider of asset finance in the markets that they choose to serve. The mission is to be as easy to do business with as possible.
• The Portfolio Relationship Manager is responsible for monitoring and maintaining existing customer facilities and supporting new business generation.
• To support the Sales team with new credit proposals and reviews throughout the life of a facility. The proposals and reviews are related to transactions in both the direct Lease business as well as the more complex structures: direct – indirect, disclosed – undisclosed, syndications, club deals and other structured deals.
• Jointly responsible and accountable for the quality and timeliness of submission of proposals and reviews from the Sales team. You will be involved in the complete process of a Lease transaction, from origination (customer facing), via in-life management, and end-of-lease activities.
• Form an integral part of the First Line of Defence, liaising closely with the Sales and Credit teams, to assist with the decision making process and risk mitigation.
• Part of the front line team and has the ambition and potential to grow into either a Risk or direct Sales role.
Reports directly to the Head of Sales Support and works alongside the Sales Support team.
- Works independently and as part of a deal team as and when required.
- Partners with Relationship Managers
- Supports Relationship Director’s (RD’s) in writing new credit proposals
- Performs semi-annual and annual written reviews to asses obligor and guarantor performance and risks
- Works with and provides assistance to RD’s to structure and propose new funding requests
- Idem for structuring and proposing extensions, modifications and renewals
- Works directly with RD’s to obtain all necessary financial statements and transaction information in order to create and analyse funding requests
- Tracks Loan and Lease Agreement Compliance ensuring that the UK portfolio is monitored in line with terms of funding and Group Policy
- Prepare financial spreads and risk rating score cards
- Conduct company, industry and market analysis to further assess obligor and guarantor credit quality
- Assist in the review and approval of asset finance documentation, whether internally or externally prepared, to ensure accuracy and completion in accordance with approval
- Monitor credit status and quality of customer exposure on a regularly scheduled basis, including assessment of current risk rating
- Monitor covenant testing for the UK portfolio
- Test obligor and guarantor operating performance against original underwriting and projections upon receipt of required reporting information (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually).
- Complete other duties and special projects as assigned by the Management Team
Experiences and skills required:
• 1st degree in BA/Finance/Economics, or a related discipline, MBA or Masters would be viewed positively.
• Minimum of 6 years of credit analysis experience and working with Credit analysts/Underwriters and Relationship Managers.
• Proven financial industry working experience.
• Knowledge of leasing market and products and activities.
• Experience in structuring of deals.
• Ability to interpret financial statements.
• Advanced understanding of financial ratios and business principles and strong analytical skills with an ability to question assumptions.
• Advanced knowledge of credit analysis and lending/leasing functions.
• Advanced knowledge of typical equipment finance and bank products and services.
• Highly motivated and ambitious, with high energy levels and ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
• Eagerness to learn and self-develop.
• Solution driven and can-do mentality.
• Good/strong Risk knowledge.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Please ONLY apply should you have the relevant above experience. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org